- Carolyn (Carrie) Adler: Stem cells, homeostasis, and regeneration
E. Alani: Genetic and biochemical studies in Saccharomyces cerevisiae
aimed at understanding the role of DNA mismatch repair in maintaining genome
- Charles F. Aquadro: Population genetics and molecular evolution
- Daniel Barbash: Genetic, molecular evolutionary and developmental studies
of speciation and interspecific divergence in Drosophila
- Daniel C. Berry: Adipose tissue; metabolism; adipose stem cells; niche biology
- Adam R. Boyko: Canine genomics; evolutionary and population genetics; adaptation; computational biology; genetic architecture of complex traits and diseases; artificial selection; village dogs
- Anthony P. Bretscher: Microfilament organization and function in vertebrates
- Ilana L. Brito: Human microbiome; horizontal gene transfer; antibiotic resistance; microbial transmission
- Nicolas Buchon: Intestinal stem cells, host-microbe interactions, gut homeostasis, gut physiology and metabolism, innate immune response, gene regulatory networks, systems biology.
- Jonathan Butcher: Mechanobiology of embryonic development, regeneration, tissue engineering, developmental redux in aging
- Andrew G. Clark: Population genetics, evolutionary genomics, genetics of complex
- Paula Cohen: Investigation of the molecular regulation of meiotic recombination and crossing over in the mouse
- Charles Danko: Gene expression, transcriptional regulation, enhancers, promoters, non-coding DNA
- David L. Deitcher: Mechanisms underlying neurotransmitter release in Drosophila
- Angela E. Douglas: Host-microbe interactions; insect nutrition and immunity
- Scott Emr: Cell signaling and membrane dynamics
- Cedric Feschotte: Genome biology and evolution; mobile genetic elements; endogenous viruses; gene regulation; noncoding RNAs
- Thomas D. Fox: Control of mitochondrial and nuclear genes in yeast
- Maria J. Garcia-Garcia: Regulation of cell motility during embryonic development in mice and flies.
- Michael L. Goldberg: Mechanisms of chromosome segregation in Drosophila
- Andrew Grimson: Eukaryotic gene regulation, post-transcriptional gene regulation, small RNAs, microRNA (miRNA), 3' UTRs, evolution
Zhenglong Gu: Molecular evolution, comparative genomics, yeast evolution
- Chun Han: Dendrite development; dendrite degeneration; dendrite/neuronal environment interaction; neural development
- Maureen R. Hanson: Transcriptomes in humans and plants; RNA editing; genetic engineering of chloroplasts
- Fenghua Hu: Molecular and cellular mechanisms of neurodegeneration
- Jian Hua: Signaling of temperature responses and defense responses,
regulation of growth homeostasis, Arabidopsis genetics
- Tim C. Huffaker: Microtubule assembly and function and yeast cells/mechanisms
of chromosome segregation.
- Alon Keinan: Human population genomics, statistical genetics, molecular evolution, human complex disease risk prediction, evolutionary dynamics
- Amnon Koren: Genomics of DNA replication timing and mutagenesis
- Natasza Kurpios: Organ morphogenesis, cell shape & architecture, angiogenesis, lyphatics, developmental genomics, chromatin looping, long-noncoding RNA, cancer
- Hojoong Kwak: Transcriptional regulatory elements in human population and disease; post-transcriptional RNA regulation in subcellular structures; regulation of gene expression in single cells
- Brian Lazzaro: Population genetics; molecular evolution; insect immunity
- Sylvia Lee: Molecular Determinants of Longevity and Stress Response
- Ruth Ley: Microbial ecology of the mammalian gut; host-microbial interactions and co-evolution.
- Sergiy Libert: Aging; longevity; sirtuins; behavior; neurodegeneration
- David Lin:
Development of the mouse olfactory system
- John T. Lis: Gene regulation and chromatin structure
- Jun "Kelly" Liu:
Mechanisms of signal transduction (BMP signaling); cell fate diversification and differentiation of pluripotent progenitor cells in the mesoderm
- Philipp W. Messer: Population genetics; evolutionary genomics; computational biology
- June B. Nasrallah: Molecular genetics of self-incompatibility in plants
- Alex Nikitin: Cancer pathogenesis; stem cells; microRNAs; genetically modified mouse models; stem cell pathology.
- Wojciech (Wojtek) Pawlowski: Mechanisms of meiosis; meiotic recombination
- Joseph Peters:
Molecular mechanisms of genome stability and evolution; transposons that
target DNA replication and DNA repair
- Jeffrey Pleiss: Area of RNA biology
- Shu-Bing Qian: Nutrient sensing mechanism, protein homeostasis and adaptive stress response
- Robert Reed: Evolution of developmental mechanisms; cis-regulatory evolution; functional genomics; animal color patterns; phenotypic plasticity.
- Eric Richards: Epigenetics, DNA methylation, nuclear organization
- Jeffrey W. Roberts: Regulation of gene expression in phage lambda
- Adrienne Roeder: Role of cell division and growth in plant development and patterning
- Michael J. Scanlon: Shoot meristem structure and function; leaf development, embryogenesis
- John Schimenti: Genetics of Reproduction and Development in Mice
- Jeffrey Scott: The genetics, molecular biology and biochemistry of insecticide
resistance; insect cytochrome P450s.
- Praveen Sethupathy: Gene regulation; microRNAs; metabolic disease; gastrointestinal disease; stem cells; cancer
- Marcos Simoes-Costa: Cell differentiation; control of gene expression; gene regulatory networks
- Marcus Smolka: DNA damage; cell signaling; proteomics
- Paul Soloway:
Mechanisms regulating DNA methylation and other epigenetic phenomena in mice;
role of extracellular matrix remodeling factors as regulators immune responses;
functional genetic analysis using gene targeting in mice.
- Tudorita Tumbar: Understanding the molecular mechanisms involved in governing
stem cell function in mouse tissue
- Robert Weiss:
Molecular mechanism for the maintenance of genomic stability;
cellular responses to DNA damage; mouse models of human cancer
- Andrew White: Cancer and stem cell biology of epithelial tissues
- Mariana F. Wolfner: Molecular genetics of insect reproductive proteins; molecular genetics of egg activation in Drosophila.
- Amy Williams: Human population and medical genetics; computational methods development; haplotype inference and analysis; recombination in humans
- Haiyuan Yu: Quantitative biomedical systems biology; functional and comparative genomics/proteomics; biological networks and their changes across human populations and in disease
- Kenneth J. Kemphues: Developmental genetics of the nematode Caenorhabditis
- Douglas C.
Knipple: Structure and evolution of neuroexcitatory molecules in insects
- Ross MacIntyre: Gene structure and function in Drosophila
- Drew M. Noden:
Cranialfacial development in vertebrate embryos; mechanisms of call migration,
- Bik-Kwoon Tye: Genome structure and DNA replication in yeast.